- Applicant must have honorable active duty service in U.S. Armed Forces, or 20 years of service in National Guard.
- Applicant must have had residency in the state of Georgia either at the time of enlistment/induction into the service or residency at least 2 consecutive years preceding date of application.
- Pass Vision Exam (required at first issuance and also at each renewal at 60 years of age).
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful presence in the United States. Click here for more information.
- Original Certificate of Eligibility (DS-516) obtained from the Georgia Department of Veterans Services upon presentation of Armed Forces Separation Papers (DD-214).
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
Last Updated On: 11/18/2014
- Activation for training purposes does not qualify an individual for a Georgia veteran driver's license.
- To obtain any other class of driver's license, the applicant must successfully complete examinations for the class of driver's license desired.
- Applicants with a veteran driver's license or ID card are exempt from paying renewal, testing, and application fees.