- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass Vision Exam.
- Pass Hazardous Material Knowledge Test in order to transfer the endorsement.
- Certify their Driving Category.
- Provide Medical Certification if required.
- Provide Medical waivers if required.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Click here for more information
- Submit an unexpired out-of-state commercial driver's license or an out-of-state commercial driver's license expired less than two years. If the out-of-state commercial driver's license is lost or stolen, the applicant must provide a certified copy of his or her driving record or motor vehicle report from the state that issued the card. The MVR must be dated within the last 30 days. The DDS does not accept uncertified copies printed from websites, but a fax may be sent to the DDS directly from the other state agency.
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
Last Updated On: 8/9/2016
- You must apply for a Georgia driver's license within 30 days of becoming a Georgia resident.
- Applicants 18 to 21 can obtain a commercial driver's license but will be restricted to drive in Georgia only. On or after the 21st birthday, the driver must go to the customer service center and have the "Georgia Only" restriction will be lifted.