There is no age requirement. Any person old enough to sign their name, or make a mark indicating their legal signature can apply.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Click here for more information.
- If the applicant previously was issued a driver's license/permit/ID card in another state, and that card has been lost or stolen, the applicant must provide a certified copy of his or her driving record or motor vehicle report from the state that issued the card. The MVR must be dated within the last 30 days. The DDS does not accept uncertified copies printed from websites, but a fax may be sent to the DDS directly from the other state agency.
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
Last Updated On: 12/10/2015
- All Georgia licensed drivers are eligible for a Georgia ID card.
- Applicants that hold a valid driver's license/permit/ID card from another state are not eligible for a Georgia ID card unless they surrender the out-of-state driver's license/permit/ID card.
- Applicants can apply for an ID card if a Georgia or out-of-state driver's license is valid, suspended/revoked, cancelled, or expired.
- Applicants that hold a valid driver's license from another country are eligible for a Georgia ID card and are not required to surrender their out-of-country driver’s license.
- Applicants under age 18 are required to have a parent/guardian or responsible adult to sign the application for the Identification Card. Responsible adult only applies to emancipated applicants with court ordered documentation.