Travel Alert: Plan ahead!! Temporary licenses and ID cards are no longer accepted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) as proof of identification for boarding flights at airports. Please refer to the TSA web site for a list of acceptable documents.
Was your License, ID, or Permit - Lost or Stolen?
Your card can be replaced for $5.00 if you have at least 150 days left on your License and/or ID. If your license expires in less than 150 days you will be required to renew your license and pay the renewal fee.
Click here to replace your Georgia license using our Internet Services.
Click here if you are not a US citizen.
If you choose to visit one of our Customer Service Centers, you must bring either:
• One (1) ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED DOCUMENT from CATEGORY A. NO COPIES OR FAXES.
• Two (2) documents from CATEGORY B.
Note: Your Document name must match your Driver's License Name and all Documents must appear in English.
CATEGORY A (1 document)
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card. (If expired, must be less than 10 years.)
- Certified Copy of a Birth Certificate.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad. Form FS-240, DS-1350, or FS-545.
- Valid, unexpired Permanent Resident Card. Form I-551.
- Valid, unexpired Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Form I-766 or Form I-688B.
- Valid, unexpired Foreign Passport with a valid unexpired U.S. VISA, ffixed and accompanied by the approved I-94 form documenting the applicant’s most recent admittance into the United States.
- Certificate of Naturalization. Form N-550 or N-570.
- Certificate of Citizenship. Form N-560 or N-561.
CATEGORY B (2 documents)
- Original or certified copy of Marriage License.
- Original Social Security Card.
- Previous Year Income Tax Return.
- Current Auto, Home, Life, or Health Insurance Policy. (Cards Not Accepted.)
- Current Automobile Registration Receipt.
- Voter Registration Card.
- Valid or Expired Military Identification Card and/or Military Orders.
Note: DDS can change a Driver's License or ID Number under the following conditions only:
- Your current Driver's License Number is your Social Security Number.
- Your current Driver's License and/or ID has been stolen. (A police report stating the License and/or ID was stolen is required.)
Last Updated On: 8/5/2016