- Applicant must have honorable active duty service in U.S. Armed Forces, or 20 years of service in National Guard.
- Must have had residency in the state of Georgia either at the time of enlistment/induction into the service or residency at least 2 consecutive years preceding date of application.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful presence in the United States. Click here for more information.
- Furnish the original Certificate of Eligibility (DS-516) obtained from the Georgia Department of Veterans Services upon presentation of Armed Forces Separation Papers (DD-214).
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.
Last Updated On: 12/18/2014
- Activation for training purposes does not qualify an individual for a Georgia Veteran's ID card.
- Applicants with a veteran driver's license or ID card are exempt from paying renewal, testing and application fees.
- Applicants are not eligible for a Georgia ID card if they possess an unexpired driver's license from another state.