My DDS Logo
Pre-Apply for your CSC Visit

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
ID Card

Search by Keyword:  

  1. Does DDS offer discounted fees for Senior Citizens and the indigent?

    DDS does not offer Senior Citizen discounts.  Indigent  Vouchers for free Georgia IDs can be obtained from several indigent resource providers. 

  2. How much is a Georgia ID for U.S. citizens?

    The fee for a Georgia ID is $20 for 5 years and $32 for 8 years.

  3. Can I use a personal check as proof of residency?

    Yes, checks are accepted as proof of residency as long as your full name and address is listed on it.

  4. I lost my Georgia driver's license/ ID and I don't want my identity to be stolen. How can I get a new license number?

    You can obtain a new driver's license number/ ID number by bringing a copy of the police report which clearly states that your driver's license or ID was stolen or compromised. If your license or ID was stolen, we recommend the following precautions:  Monitor your banking and credit cards.  Watch for any indication that anyone is using your personal information.  Monitor your personal information by regularly requesting a credit report.  You may also wish to place a fraud alert on your credit file. Driver's License Fraud  If you apply for a new driver's license/ ID number within 150 days of the original expiration date, the fee is $20 for a 5 year license/ ID or $32 for a 8 year license/ ID .  Otherwise the fee is $5.

  5. How can I replace my lost or stolen driver's license/ ID?

    You may apply for a replacement driver's license or ID at any CSC location.
    Click here for a list of acceptable documents to bring.

    You may also apply for a replacement driver's license online.


  6. How old must you be to get a Georgia ID?

     A Georgia ID can be obtained at any age as long as the applicant can sign their name or make a mark indicating their signature.  Click here  for a list of acceptable documents to bring.

  7. Can I have both a Georgia driver’s license/permit and ID ?

    Yes, you can have different documents based on the services you are requesting; however, only one can be a Secure ID document.

  8. Can I transfer an ID from another state?

    You can apply for a Georgia ID; however, you must surrender your out-of-state ID.

  9. If I am homeless, what do I use as a residential address?

    You must obtain a voucher from an approved Indigent Resource Provider (non-profit agency).