My DDS Logo
Pre-Apply for your CSC Visit
Alert Travel Alert: Plan ahead!! Temporary licenses and ID cards are no longer accepted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) as proof of identification for boarding flights at airports. Please refer to the TSA web site for a list of acceptable documents.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Search by Keyword:  

  1. Does DDS offer discounted fees for Senior Citizens and the indigent?

    DDS does not offer Senior Citizen discounts.  Indigent  Vouchers for free Georgia IDs can be obtained from several indigent resource providers. 

  2. How much is a Georgia ID for U.S. citizens?

    See the Fees and Terms page for more information on License/ID/Permit card fees.

  3. I recently renewed my license for 8 years, now I'm moving out of state. Am I entitled to a refund?

    DDS does not offer any refunds for moving out of state.

  4. How can I request a refund for a payment made to DDS?

    In order to request a refund, visit any of our Customer Service Centers.

    Please have your receipt ready, as the information on it will allow us to process your request faster.  You may be asked to verify your identity, with or without a receipt.  Bring your driver’s license / ID card, or see the accepted documents list and bring a document under ‘Primary Identification’.

  5. Can I get a copy of the Request for Refund form online?

    The Request for Refund form is located online.  Click here for more information.  After filling out the form, you must take it to a Customer Service Center to be processed.

  6. If I print a copy of the Request for Refund form and complete it myself, how will my refund get processed?

    Take the completed Request for Refund form to a Customer Service Center.

  7. Can I get a refund for any payment I make to DDS?

    Generally, the DDS will not honor refund requests for services that are successfully completed unless the fee was collected in error.  See the Fees and Terms page for more information on license and identification card fees.

  8. I ordered the wrong card online (e.g. ID instead of license). What should I do?

    You must immediately visit a Customer Service Center in order to stop the incorrect card from being processed.

  9. If a card was already mailed to me, can I get a refund for it?

    Once the card has been processed, you cannot get a refund for the card.

  10. I ordered my license online, but a certain place of business will not accept the temporary receipt because it does not have my picture. What should I do?

    You should immediately visit a Customer Service Center in order to stop the ordered card from being mailed to you and to obtain a temporary license with your photo on it.

  11. Since online services include a discount, how much will I get back on my refund?

    You will receive the amount you paid for the service that is being refunded.  For example, if you paid $15 for an online service and then $20 for in-person service, you will receive $15 if you are requesting a refund for your online transaction and it is approved.

  12. How will I receive my refund if it is approved?

    If you paid online within the last 60 days, refunds will appear on your current or next billing statement.  Otherwise, you will receive your refund as a check in the mail. 

  13. How long does it take to receive a refund?

    Processing time for refund requests can take up to 30 days from the date of request.  If your refund request is not received within 30 days, please visit a Customer Service Center to check the status of the request.  Do not file multiple refund requests.

  14. I paid for a CDL Skills Test reservation and would like to request a refund. What should I do?

    Visit any Customer Service Center to request a refund for this reservation fee, if applicable.

  15. I am a veteran but did not present a Certificate of Eligibility for Veteran’s License to DDS when I ordered my license. Am I eligible for a refund now that I have the certificate?

    You cannot receive a refund or prorated fee if you ordered a license without providing the Certificate of Eligibility for Veteran’s License initially.

  16. Can I pay a ticket online ?
    The DDS is unable to accept payments for traffic tickets.  However, many courts allow the payment of a traffic ticket or citation online.  Please contact the court listed on your ticket for more information.
    If you have questions regarding a Super Speeder ticket, please visit the Super Speeder FAQ.
NOTE: If you owe reinstatement fees you may qualify for a discount, visit the Pauper's Affidavit FAQ's for more details.