Driver Services Commissioner Announces November/December Holiday Hours
Offers Tips for Licensing Services
Department of Driver Services (DDS) Commissioner Rob Mikell announced today the upcoming holiday hours for driver licensing and testing customer service centers and administrative offices statewide. (Please see the schedule below).
In addition, Commissioner Mikell offered some helpful advice for customers who need licenses or IDs during this busy time. “Best wishes to everyone for a safe and happy holiday season! Please help us make your visit to DDS a good experience by following these simple suggestions.”
Tips for a Successful Driver Services Visit
- Plan ahead!
- Visit the DDS website at www.dds.ga.gov for complete location and hours of service information.
- Tuesday is always the busiest day during the week. Wednesday or Thursday afternoons are the best time to plan a visit.
- Any day before or after a holiday closing is a very busy day.
- Proof of identity, residency and social security number is required for anyone renewing or obtaining a driver’s license or ID as required by the Federal Real ID Act. Before visiting our offices, please review the new document requirements at www.dds.ga.gov.
- Skip a Trip! Check for many online services at www.dds.ga.gov such as initiating a change of address, replacing a lost license, payment of citations and license suspension/reinstatement information.
DDS Holiday Schedule
All DDS Customer Service Centers and administrative offices will be closed Thursday, November 28th through Friday, November 29th for Thanksgiving Holidays. Centers with Saturday operating hours will reopen Saturday, November 30th. However, walk-in road tests will not be given on Saturday, November 30th or Tuesday, December 3rd in efforts to manage customer wait times.
All DDS Customer Service Centers and administrative offices will be closed Tuesday, December 24th and Wednesday December 25th for holidays. In an effort to manage customer wait times, walk-in road tests will not be given on Thursday, December 26th or on Tuesday, December 31st.
All DDS locations will be closed on New Year’s Day, Wednesday, January 1, 2014.