Ignition Interlock Provider Center FAQs

An Ignition Interlock Provider Center is a permanent facility certified by the Department of Driver Services (DDS) for the purpose of providing and installing Ignition Interlock Devices.

  1. How do I become certified as an Ignition Interlock Provider Center?
    Download the Ignition Interlock Provider Center Application from our website. Please include all required documents on the application checklist when you submit it to DDS. All owners/corporate officers are required to submit electronic fingerprints through the Georgia Applicant Processing System as part of the application process. To access the 3M privacy statement regarding the applicant's personal information, please visit www.ga.cogentid.com.
  2. Where can I find a list of certified Ignition Interlock manufacturers and approved devices?
    A current list of certified Provider Centers and approved devices is available on our website.
  3. I am currently certified as an Ignition Interlock Provider Center. When and how do I recertify?
    Ignition Interlock Provider Centers are certified for a four year period. Expiration dates can be found on your wall certification card issued by DDS. The Ignition Interlock Provider Center Recertification Application may be downloaded from our website. Please include all required documents on the application checklist when you submit it to the Regulatory Compliance Division. Fingerprinting is required for recertification.
  4. How long can I expect to wait for approval after I submit my application? We ask the applicants allow 30 days for processing, however, an incomplete application may result in further delay.
  5. I was fingerprinted when I initially became certified. Why do I need to be re-fingerprinted again for recertification?
    Fingerprints that are used for non-criminal justice purposes are only retained by the Georgia and Federal Bureaus of Investigation for a matter of days and then purged, hence the need to be re-fingerprinted. In addition, the decision to recertify an individual or entity must be based on current criminal history results.
  6. Are Ignition Interlock Providers allowed to operate strictly out of a mobile unit?
    Ignition Interlock Provider Centers that wish to operate a mobile unit must have a permanent fixed physical location that is open to the public. Certified centers are allowed to operate mobile units provided, however, that DDS is notified of what counties the mobile unit(s) will service.
Last Updated On: 6/24/2014