(1) Third Party Tester Program - A program authorized by the General Assembly in H. B. 1168 during the 2004 Legislative Session for the purpose of conducting a six (6) month pilot program for licensed driver training schools approved by the Department of Driver Services to administer an on the road test to students who successfully complete a thirty (30) hour of classroom instruction and six (6) hours of actual behind the wheel instruction.
(2) Approved Road Course –A course approved by the Department of Driver Services for the purpose of conducting on the road testing by a licensed Driver Training School approved as a Third Party Tester.
(3) Cancellation - A Tester or Examination’s certification is terminated by the Department because of some error defect in the certification or because the Tester or Examiner is no longer entitled to such certification. The cancellation of certification is without prejudice, and application for a new certification may be made at any time after such cancellation.
(4) Examiner - Any natural person, not an employee of the Department Of Driver Services, who is certified by the Department as a Third Party Examiner to administer Driver’s License testing through a Third Party Tester at an approved Driver Training School.
(5) Monitor - Department of Driver Services employee responsible for conducting random examinations, inspections and audits of Third Party Testers and Examiners for compliance with state laws and regulations. Random examinations may be performed by a Monitor or at a Department Customer Service Center.
(6) Revocation - A Tester or Examiner’s certification is terminated by formal action of the Department which privilege shall not be subject to renewal or restoration, except that an application for a new license may be presented to and acted upon by the Department after the expiration of the applicable period of time prescribed by the Department. A revocation shall be for a period of at least one (1) year or indefinitely.
(7) Suspension - A Tester or Examination’s certification is temporarily withdrawn by formal action of the Department, which temporary withdrawal shall be for a period specifically designated by the Department.
(8) Tester - Any licensed driver training school that has been licensed to conduct driver’s license testing through approved Third Party Examiners. The Driver Training School must have been licensed for a minimum of two (2) years prior to applying as a Third Party Tester.